Saturday, August 9, 2008

Temper, Temper.

I lost my temper and kicked a file cabinet the other night. It wasn’t the wisest thing to do. I rarely lose my temper in an overtly physical way and this incident was particularly costly. The inside of my foot is not black and blue; rather, more of a deep purple and red and incredibly tender. My big toe hurts to wiggle. I thought by the third day the swelling would go down, but it still hurts to walk.

My timing was off. I’m supposed to be training for a 10K and couldn’t imagine running with my foot in its current state. I forced it into my running shoe yesterday to see how it felt. Not good.

My family is not the screaming, kicking and throwing type. We let things fester. My mom lost her temper once. She hurled a coffee cup, hot coffee included, at my dad. She missed and the cup shattered against the wall, leaving a black stain down the side of the wall to the carpet. The stain was removed within the hour and we moved on. They joke about it today.

I ran four miles this morning and cursed my lack of control with each step. This afternoon I watched my boys race down the sidewalk and would typically be running right behind them- but not today.

Temper, temper.

No comments: